Staff Assistant – Planning & Development Services
CITY OF PINELLAS PARK
Pinellas Park, FL United States
Minimum Hourly Rate: $15.7572
TO APPLY: Submit your application online at https://www.pinellas-park.com/apply
- Job certification paid training
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation, personal, and sick time
- Parental leave
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- Pension and 457 deferred-compensation retirement plans
- Learn more about our benefits from https://www.pinellas-park.com/EmployeeBenefits
Under general supervision, provides administrative, complex and diversified support for a section or division of the City.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Requires high school diploma or GED. The equivalent of completion of two (2) years of coursework in business, public administration, or secretarial sciences from an accredited community college, college or university and two (2) years of professional administrative assistant experience. May be asked to serve as a Notary Public.
- Requires a valid Florida driver license
- Primarily sedentary work with regular requirements to move around the office, and infrequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Extensive use of office equipment, including computers and electronic and voice communication systems. Occasional driving required to locations within the City, County, and Tampa Bay region.
- This position is assigned the status of Non-Essential Emergency Personnel for the purpose of work assigned before, during, and after a disaster-related event.
Examples of Duties:
- Composes, edits, proofreads, and types correspondence, letters, forms, agendas, reports, letters, etc.; processes forms, agenda items, meeting agendas, minutes, mail, etc.; responds to process requests for various forms of information, questions, and complaints; receives visitor via telephone and in person answering their questions, addressing concerns, and providing services requested; develops and maintains manual and automated files.
- Receives, checks, corrects, verifies, and enters payroll information; documents all related attendance records; orders office supplies as needed; prepares proposals, statistics, and other information for periodic and special reports; prepares and catalogs documents for filing; prepares public notices and advertising, notifies citizens of public hearings; attends and records minutes of meetings (some evenings required).
- Assembles periodic and special reports; makes travel arrangements for management; composes
responses to citizens; notarizes documents as requested; attends and participates in specially scheduled meetings, hearings, and conferences; assists in the administration of special events; serves as secretary various boards, commissions, and task forces; attends and records meetings for later transcription; may attend meetings in supervisor’s absence. May be asked to notarize documents. Serves as a member of a high-performing cross-functional work team. Assists with, or assumes responsibilities as needed, in all other areas of the Planning & Development Services Division and Community Development Department as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer applications software for word-processing, records management, and spreadsheet preparation; administrative office procedures, practices, and records management; standard office equipment (e.g. facsimile machine, calculator, photocopier, telephone, transcription equipment, etc.).
- Knowledge of proper English, grammar, and spelling.
- Knowledge of manual and automated filing systems.
- Ability to be certified as a notary public.
- Skill in keyboarding at a rate of 45 correct words per minute; oral communications in both one-on-one and group situations; written communications for both administrative and technical purposes; and operation of computer hardware and software.
Pursuant to section 295.07, Florida Statutes: Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. Certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements.