Program Manager (CRA) , Panama City
• General Information Job Title: Program Manager (CRA)
Location: 501 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL, 32401
• Description: “The City of Panama City is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative/ Action Employer”
Job Title: Program Manager
Department/Division: Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) –Downtown North/Millville Community
Annual Pay: $49,982.40 Plus competitive benefit package.
Type of position: Full-time
Hours: 40 /week FLSA: Exempt
Apply for the Program Manager position
Duties are performed under the leadership and guidance of the Director of Community Development/CRA.
The CRA Program Manager performs multi-dimensional tasks involving program and land development, industry business program and organizational management. This position also requires building and strengthening the district-community Advisory Board/Stakeholders group(s).
The CRA Program Manager is responsible for implementing revitalization and redevelopment plans specific to the Downtown North/Millville CRA and coordinates with all other CRA Districts and Special Districts; and serves as an integral team member in fulfilling the overriding mission of the Panama City Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) to bring about economic, social, and ecological revitalization.
In addition, the Program Manager must have strong ability to develop partnerships with appropriate existing community-based support organizations and private foundations when necessary to collaborate and provide increased funding opportunities for the CRA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Serve as the Program Manager for the assigned Community Redevelopment Area. • Manage and coordinate with City staff, City departments and other agencies in the implementation of the redevelopment plans for the assigned Community Redevelopment Areas. • Assist in the Advisory Committee agendas, meeting materials and review of minutes in conjunction with the Advisory Committee Chairman.
• Must be able to attends meetings of the Committee, when warranted.
• Supports the Advisory Committee in volunteer recruitment by providing resources for leadership development and appreciation within the district communities.
• Develops and implements effective communication strategies for interacting with key players in the implementation of their assigned CRA’s redevelopment plan.
• Manages execution of the CRA district plan, programs, projects, and any assigned team member (s).
• Assists other CRA Program Managers with special projects.
• Propose, track, and manage annual and individual projects budgets for the assigned CRA. • Develops, writes, and administers various grant funding opportunities.
• Implements overall CRA strategy for seeking alternative revenue sources for agency programming to supplement the tax increment financing (TIF) funds.
• Works with overall CRA grant committee to solicit federal, state, and private grant opportunities that align with the comprehensive strategies and objectives of the CRA as defined. • Oversees and monitors any grant programs obtained for, and or grants funded by the Agency. • Drafts reports and makes formal presentations to the CRA Board, as required. • Develops, proposes, and monitors grant programs funded by the assigned CRA district. • Meets with citizens, businesses, homeowners, and other community groups as needed to implement the assigned CRA’s redevelopment plan.
• Submits purchasing and procurement requests on behalf of their assigned Community Redevelopment Area.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Ability to demonstrate strong clearly and concisely verbal and written communication. • Ability to demonstrate strong management skills in working with multidisciplinary professional teams to create and implement community-based vision plans.
• Develops communication strategies; and conveys various aspects of the revitalization plan to others, to gain community support for final approval by the City Commission and in some cases state approvals when warranted.
• Knowledge of applicable laws, ordinances, standards, and regulations of the City and the CRA district interrelationship and interdependency to the city municipal code; and ability to offer modifications/amend when warranted.
• Skilled in the collection, analysis, synthesizing of impacts and preparation of summary presentation materials which may include both general and technical data/statistics as it relates to the land development industry; and, specifically as it relates to comprehensive planning policy
activities associated with Chapter 163.3 FS, which is the state governing document for CRA’s to provide a sound platform for the redevelopment plans CRA Board Approved 5/26/09. • Knowledge of various computer-based programs and software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook) Adobe, Photoshop, knowledge of GIS a plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of the development process including design, impact analysis and financing and land development regulations.
• Must have the ability to apply basic knowledge of economics, architecture, land development, historic preservation, finance, and sociology to the process of community redevelopment. • Knowledge of Not-for profit and community-based organizations a plus. • Knowledge and understanding of the development process including design, impact analysis and financing and land development regulations.
• Knowledge of modern business and the workings of the public governmental sector and/or municipal administration, to include communications and public relations.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and local grant and loans funding sources and reporting requirements.
• Ability to successfully apply project management techniques.
• Ability to use social media to market programs and redevelopment projects. • Ability to work independently.
• Ability to prioritize workload and complete task in a timely manner.
• Ability to exercise good organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to practice the City of Panama City and the CRA department’s mission and vision. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Business – Business Management, Public Administration or Communications,
• 4+ years’ experience in planning and land development management.
• Strong experience in planning and redevelopment in private or public sector. • Strong experience in community organizing.
• 2 + Years in managing complex capital redevelopment projects, preferably for mid-size or large city.
• Certified Planner (AICP – American Institute of Certified Planners) a plus. • Certified Economic Developer (IEDC – International Economic Development Council) a plus. • Valid Driver’s License required.
Or an equivalent combination, training and experience which provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Tasks require utilizing the computer, sitting, speaking, hearing, standing, walking, calculating, composing, and editing, in addition to field inventory and site inspections.
These are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
BENEFITS (not all benefits are listed)
• Exceptional Pension Plan – Employer Paid
• Medical – 100% Employer Paid Plan (other plans available)
• Dental – 100% Employer Paid Plan (other plans available)
• Vision Plan
• 12 Paid Sick Days a year
• 12 Paid Annual Leave Days a Year
• 12 Paid Holidays Per year
• Short Term Disability Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
• Long-Term Disability Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
• Life Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
• Flexible Spending Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistant Program
• Employee Discount Program