Economic Development Downtown Manager
Salary: Qualification Based
Responsible for assisting the Economic Development Department in the management, outreach, promotion and implementation of economic development, redevelopment, revitalization, business and downtown programs. Work is performed with a high level of initiative and independence in undertaking and completing economic development and community outreach assignments as directed by the Economic Development Director. This is a professional, technical and experienced level position that requires considerable independent judgment in making decisions and carrying out assignments that have significant impact on the City and the community. This position also engages cross-functionally with other departments in shared work responsibilities and requires a savvy ability to collaborate while building effective and trusting relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Economic Development, Public Administration, Business Administration, Planning, Community Development, Project Management or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in economic, community or business development.
- Experience in business and/or community development is highly desirable.
- Key qualifications include being a capable writer and communicator, the ability to work collaboratively with staff and community partners at multiple levels, high attention to detail, and effective and efficient multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- A valid Florida Driver’s License is required.
- May be required to work overtime or alternate hours as necessary, which may include evenings and weekends.