|POSITION TITLE||Redevelopment Coordinator|
|FUNCTIONAL AREA||Live Oak, Florida – Community Redevelopment Agency|
FOR A COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://www.cityofliveoak.org/jobs
We are seeking a team-orientated and community-minded candidate to continue the established direction which our Community Redevelopment Agency has chosen, for a rewarding opportunity to become a part of the future success of Live Oak’s CRA.
The Redevelopment Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day hands-on implementation of the policies, programs, and projects of the Community Redevelopment Agency for the City of Live Oak, in conjunction with the adopted annual CRA budget and consistent with the adopted CRA Plan.
This position also serves as a facilitator and as a liaison between members of the public (customers) who have interests and ambitions within the CRA District, and the CRA Agency who then takes action on varied requests which are presented at monthly CRA public meetings.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities over other staff; however, the candidate will become part of a dedicated Community Development team of professionals, all working together in a cohesive work culture towards common goals to support the unified mission of a spirit of excellence in all that we do.
This position takes direction from, and answers directly to, the City Manager. This position is also accountable to a seven (7) member Agency, comprised of five (5) elected Council members and two (2) appointed citizens.
Since the salary for this position is 100% paid by CRA tax increment financing, all aspects of the job must specifically pertain to properties and locations which are within the adopted CRA District.
Duties, Responsibilities and Skills:
- Maintain and staff an office at the City Hall Annex, Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm, for the purpose of implementing aspects of the CRA operations.
- Take direction and receive related delegated duties from the City Manager pertaining to CRA matters.
- Collaborate with and provide reporting to the City Manager on progress for all CRA matters.
- Collaborate with other City Department Directors and related staff which pertain to matters of their specific oversight which relate back to CRA matters.
- Daily interaction with the public and other public and private agencies to coordinate with property and business owners who have interests in the CRA District, including but not limited to: phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings.
- Provide grant application management (internal and external) for the Agency, including: receive and manage submittals from the public on CRA application forms for various requests specific to the CRA.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records and files specific to all CRA matters.
- Create, compile and distribute CRA agenda packets, staff reports, photographs and details specific to agenda items which are to be scheduled to go before the CRA Agency.
- Remain in contact with the CRA Agency members for all related matters, including those requested to be included on public hearing agendas.
- Attend and present at all CRA Agency public meetings.
- When authorized by the City Manager, conduct field evaluations and customer meetings on properties within the CRA District.
- Bring all proposed new business or development/redevelopment projects to the City Planning Office, to ensure a single point of contact format is retained as established.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of budgeted CRA funded projects and construction from start to finish, in conjunction with associated City Departments as applicable.
- Thorough knowledge of intergovernmental operations and the redevelopment process, especially familiarity with and adherence to all Florida Statutes, which guide CRA activities and accountability.
- Ability to understand and implement the adopted CRA budget on an annual basis.
- Ability to evaluate and propose aspects of the annual budget, for consideration by the CRA Agency.
- Ability to meet annual statutory requirements for CRA Agencies, including creation and filing of an annual report, and meeting other reporting and advertising requirements pertaining to the Agency.
- Ability to seek out and write grants specific to locations in the CRA District.
- Ability to manage and implement various aspects of the adopted Heritage Square master redevelopment plan.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate land acquisition on behalf of the CRA.
- Compile databases and relevant planning and economic information regarding housing, retail, industrial and office development activity in the CRA.
- Write and manage developer requests for proposals for the purpose of CRA projects and/or disposing of CRA land for redevelopment, in conjunction with City departments.
- Evaluate for and draft recommended updates and amendments to the CRA Plan.
- Attend training sessions and conferences pertaining to CRAs.
- Achieve professional designation in various levels of CRA, through the Florida Redevelopment Association Academy and other relevant certifications/trainings.
- Communicate with community groups, residents, and business owners about CRA projects and programs.
- Collaboration, management and creative design input of projects specific to public property, including but not limited to: parks, recreational areas, public spaces, street scaping, street ROW beautification, and similar initiatives.
- Collaboration and management of CRA sponsored annual events and activities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent public speaking, writing, researching skills and have a strong customer-service orientated attitude.
- Detail-orientated, organized, and exercises/presents a high level of professionalism and performance in all aspects of representing the City and CRA.
- A self-starter, enthusiastic, and a demonstrated team builder, facilitator, and consensus builder who is positively involved with and supportive of all City Staff, as well as with the community.
- Must be able to work individually and also with a team of co-workers representing multiple points of view.
- Verifiable work-related references and examples of completed redevelopment planning and projects which the candidate participated in must also be provided.
- Understanding of zoning, comprehensive planning, site development and GIS mapping a plus.
- Other duties specific to the CRA, as directed and delegated by the City Manager.
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Urban Planning, Public Administration, or related field; and at least two (2) years of experience in municipal or county government or community redevelopment agencies.
- Along with a High School Diploma and/or two-year college degree, additional relevant years of work-experience and work-history may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required four-year Bachelor’s Degree years.
- Proficient in computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and similar office suite software.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, and obtain a State of Florida issued driver’s license upon relocation, if applicable; and have a clear driving record for the past three (3) years.
- Must live or relocate to reside within a sixty (60) mile radius of the City of Live Oak, Florida.
- Must pass a background check and drug test.
The City of Live Oak Community Redevelopment Agency reserves the right to update and/or change this job description, by method of passing a Resolution during a public hearing.
The City of Live Oak is an equal Employment Opportunity employer and Drug-Free Workplace.