The Town of Century will hold a Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) meeting Tuesday to “Envision Century”, with resident getting a first look at the draft plan.
Highlights of the CRA draft presented Tuesday night are as follows:
Community Redevelopment Objectives
- Preserve/improve residential quality of life
- Recognize, protect and utilize natural assets
- Identify and install desired community facilities, services and amenities
- Capitalize on Historic District and natural resource-based opportunities.
Strategies for CRA
- Invest in public facilities and infrastructure
- Sewer, stormwater management, transportation;
- Streetscape and pedestrian features; and
- Public and community areas.
- Expand development opportunities
- Aggregate or assemble parcels where feasible;
- Develop master stormwater plan; and
- Identify targeted development sites.