SELECTION OF CONSULTANTS BY THE CITY OF DELTONA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST #17015
CITY OF DELTONA
The City of Deltona seeks interested parties to reply regarding the Request for Expressions of Interest. The City of Deltona is currently building a new community center on the north side of the City. Upon completion, the current Lakeshore Community Center will be vacant and the City is requesting ideas for the utilization of the property.
- A freshwater marine research and educational center;
- A tourism based small businesses to enhance the nature based theme of the area and provide for visitors to the site, as described further in this request;
- Any other use that maintains a nature based theme.
The City of Deltona owns this parcel of property on the north shore of Lake Monroe (St Johns River), approximately 2.5 miles from Intersate-4 and located on a Florida designated ‘Scenic Highway’. There are two existing structures for consideration:
- Community Center Building of 8,250 square feet and
- Craft Building of 3,552 square feet. Parking is adequate and will also be utilized as a trailhead access for the Florida Coast-to-Coast Trail and for low impact, nature-based economic development such as canoe and kayak rentals, canoe and kayak nature tours on the ‘City’s Lake Monroe Blue Trail’, nature based boat tours, a bicycle rental and repair shop, a snack bar or small café based foodery, a bait and tackle shop, etc.
The facility will include the following:
- Use of City’s adjacent public boat ramp is included for access to the river;
- Location in a nature based area;• On-site facilities, as mentioned previously;
- Proximity to institutions of higher learning located in Central Florida;
- Sufficient square footage available, as mentioned previously.
The City of Deltona now invites eligible institutions of higher learning, educational based nature research businesses, and interested business parties to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested parties must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among educational or business staff, etc.). Applicants may associate together to enhance their qualifications.
Applicants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out by the City of Deltona and the State of Florida. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below or by accessing a video at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ird4m97l7dfzsrg/Thornby-Community%20Ctr%20RFI3.mp4?dl=0
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by July 31, 2017 by 2:00 p.m.
Jerry Mayes and/or Lee LopezCity of Deltona2345 Providence BoulevardDeltona, FL 32725