Title: Ybor Development Manager (Ybor City Development Manager )
Organization: Ybor City
SALARY RANGE: (ME ) $69,139.20 – $108,305.60 a year
JOB CODE: 230900
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plan; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: This is responsible professional and managerial work involving urban planning and redevelopment of the City’s Ybor City area.
NATURE OF WORK:
Under general direction, the employee in this class is responsible for developing and managing City of Tampa initiatives to promote private investment in the Ybor City CRA areas. The job requires the exercise of considerable initiative and independent judgment in planning, coordinating and organizing redevelopment efforts. The employee also implements policies and procedures relating to community redevelopment areas and initiates, monitors and evaluates redevelopment progress. The exercise of considerable tact and courtesy is necessary in dealing with the public. The incumbent of this position is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse external and internal stakeholders. Work is reviewed through conferences, written reports, and observation of results obtained. Appointed position; employee serves at the pleasure of the Mayor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Initiates and implements special public relations and business development programs; advocates to external stakeholders the significance of and opportunities for redevelopment through marketing and public relations initiatives.
- Represents the City and works closely with Citizens’ boards and commissions and public and private officials on all city-related redevelopment issues, including regulatory, services and infrastructure.
- Serves occasionally as City’s point of contact for media inquiries regarding redevelopment in Ybor.
- Cooperates with the City of Tampa’s Real Estate Department in the acquisition, marketing, and disposition of city owned real estate property.
- Maintains databases and reporting systems to monitor and evaluate redevelopment progress.
- Participates in intradepartmental performance improvement initiatives to enhance redevelopment efforts.
- Plans with the community the development of budgets for the use of TIF funds to achieve maximum results.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Comprehensive knowledge of: community redevelopment principles and practices.
Extensive knowledge of: federal, state, and municipal legislation impacting municipal planning and redevelopment efforts; techniques of marketing, communications, and public relations; real estate development in both private and public sectors.
Ability to: plan, assign, manage, and coordinate the work of others in a manner that promotes full performance; write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and prepare analytical and technical reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, directors, managers and employees, officials of other governmental organizations, representatives of public and private organizations, and the general public.
SUGGESTED MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, urban planning or a related field and five (5) years of experience in a lead role on private and/or public development projects and initiatives in an urban core setting with demonstrated success in community building and in working with diverse stakeholders.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a Florida drivers license.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 13, 2015. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date. Applications received or postmarked after 7/13/2015 will not be processed.