An ambitious plan to develop the City of Milton’s riverfront and link it with the picturesque Village of Bagdad a few miles downstream is on Mayor Guy Thompson’s desk, ready to launch.
Authored by the Buffalo, N.Y., urban design firm of Peter J. Smith & Co., the $15 million to $20 million plan has five core goals:
• Enhance the identity and aesthetic character of both Milton and Bagdad.
• Make capital improvements that will encourage private-sector investment.
• Protect the integrity of the Blackwater River ecosystem.
• Promote arts, culture and heritage activities that will attract local residents and tourists.
• Improve the experience of living in the community by enhancing parks, attractions and other outdoor activity areas.