Florida Housing Coalition’s Statewide Affordable Housing Conference
SHIP Awards Call For Nominations
Housing Administrators and Advocates:
Don’t miss your opportunity to showcase your SHIP success stories! The Florida Housing Coalition is holding a competition to highlight the tremendous value of SHIP across the State of Florida at this year’s Annual Affordable Housing Conference. Getting your story out can help restore annual funding for SHIP.
SHIP programs have been providing a hand-up for two decades. Send us the stories that make you proud.
For example, have you assisted an exemplary special needs housing project? Have you assisted a family that overcame substantial obstacles to purchase their first home? Do you have an effective strategy for housing homeless veterans? Did your foreclosure prevention program change the life of a family? Have you created a working partnership that could be a model for other communities? Do you do an excellent job of showcasing and marketing your SHIP success stories? Have SHIP dollars impacted the life of a local family?
The Florida Housing Coalition invites you or your community partners to send in your story. And your photos too! This is your opportunity to showcase your programs’ success and share your strategies with other communities throughout the state. Complete the Online Nomination Form.
- Special Needs Housing Assistance: This award will highlight a project, program or family that received SHIP funds for special needs housing, including the elderly, individuals with developmental disabilities, veterans, homeless individuals, etc. Both single family and multifamily projects will be considered.
- Outstanding Repair/Rehabilitation Program: This award will highlight assistance provided to an owner-occupied single family or multifamily household or project assisted with SHIP funds. This category includes reconstruction of housing and retrofits for energy efficiency and/or accessibility.
- Outstanding Purchase Assistance Program: This award will highlight a purchase assistance program that can be modeled for best practices or has changed the life of a family who received assistance.
- Partnership of the Year: This award will highlight a project that uniquely leverages SHIP funds with other sources, including activities or projects carried out under an inter-local agreement between a SHIP county office, one or more city, and/or partnership with organizations.
- Outstanding Housing Assistance: This general award may be given for the most creative or unique assistance carried out with SHIP funds. This includes all eligible SHIP program activities.
- All nominations must be submitted no later than July 19 by 5:00 pm.
- Complete Online Nomination Form.
- There is no limit on the number of submissions that will be accepted from any one organization.
- By making a submission, you understand that the Florida Housing Coalition may use your materials to promote the SHIP program.
- Awards will be made public and promoted at the Florida Housing Coalition’s Annual Conference in Orlando on September 11, 2013.
Click here to submit your SHIP Success Story now. Don’t miss the July 19 deadline for submitting nominations.
The winners will be chosen by July 31, 2013. The winners will be showcased at the Coalition’s Annual Affordable Housing Conference in Orlando, September 8-11 and in the Florida Housing Coalition’s Housing News Network Journal. For additional information, contact Johnitta Richards Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-878-4219.