The application window for the 2018 FRA Awards is now open!
The FRA Redevelopment Awards is a statewide program that honors the hard work and dedication of individuals, communities and professionals striving to make our state a better place. From annual reports and planning studies to new building projects and beautification, the awards program has a variety of categories that your CRA can enter and win.
Each year, we receive numerous entries and our judges base their decisions on the effectiveness and completeness of the entry, the narrative and compliance with the submittal instructions. A winning entry is an acknowledgement of excellence for the work of an organization. Once all entries are in the online system, a cross section of Florida redevelopment professionals are responsible for evaluating, ranking and selecting winners. Winners are not announced until the annual awards ceremony during each FRA Annual Conference.
This year, winners will be announced at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa during the 2018 annual conference on October 25, 2018.
This year’s categories are:
- Annual Report
- Capital Projects/Beautification
- Creative Organizational Development and Funding
- Cultural Enhancement
- Fiscal Impact Study
- Management Programs/Creative Partnerships
- Out of the Box
- Outstanding Housing Project
- Outstanding New Building Project
- Outstanding Rehabilitation, Renovation or Reuse Project
- Planning Studies
- Transportation/Transit Enhancements
Here are a few tips for submitting:
- The system will not tell you that your photos have been uploaded until you hit the SUBMIT button.
- The system at this time does not allow you to save your entries, get out of the system and go back in. You have to upload everything all at once.
- Fill out all the boxes that you can, if there is an asterisk, it is required.
- Here is the link to the award entry online form: http://redevelopment.net/fra-award-entry-form/
We look forward to welcoming our new winners and memorializing them in the Best Book which will be available online after the winners are announced.