Contract Amount: $105,000
Essential Job Duties
The list of duties and functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the type of tasks performed within this classification. They are not listed in any order of importance. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are logical assignment to the position.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the West Perrine Community Redevelopment Agency and its board to include:
- Planning, organizing, and administering the implementation of projects, grants, community development activities, and other related programs for the Agency.
- Current and long-range planning, real estate, and lands activities; professional project management, business outreach activities, development of planning and economic programs; implementation of strategies to promote and support growth, expansion, and retention of businesses, and elimination of slum and blight within the West Perrine area.
- Targeting code compliance violations.
- Managing social media sites for the agency as a toll for public community information.
- Coordinating and carrying out the tasks of the Community Redevelopment Plan and for completing technical work.
- Developing, researching, and maintaining public planning studies and programs that involve technical and creative responsibility.
- Conducting research and preparing detailed studies on land use, zoning, conservation, housing, transportation, population, coastal management, historic preservation, urban design, community redevelopment, and other areas of comprehensive planning activities.
- Planning, initiating, and directing programs and projects for the physical and economic improvement of the area, including all capital projects, outreach efforts, budgets, and board administration.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, Urban Planning, Real Estate or a closely related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible redevelopment experience in urban planning, or real estate development, or policy enforcement/ improvement, skills development, or project coordination, or economic development is required, including at least three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Municipal government experience preferred.
- Florida Redevelopment Association certification is desirable but not required.
Submit resume, qualifications, and attachments no later than December 6, 2023, 5:00 P.M. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about the West Perrine Community Redevelopment Agency visit: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/government/boards/west-perrine-cra.page