|COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY DIRECTOR|
|Title:||Community Redevelopment Agency Director|
|Division / Department||Community Redevelopment Agency|
|Pay Grade / FLSA Status:||127 / Exempt|
|Salary: (minimum)||$93,619 (neg. based on education/experience)|
PLEASE NOTE: City of Palmetto Employment Application MUST be submitted to be considered for this position.
Resume alone will not count as application for employment.
TO view FULL JOB DESCRIPTION and INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY, please click on the following link:
The purpose of this job within the organization is to perform highly responsible administrative and technical duties and direct the overall activities of the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA), a special district within the City of Palmetto.
This job formulates long-range goals for the organization, develop policy or position briefs, and negotiate with the CRA Presiding officer and/or CRA Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this job/class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the job/class as necessary.
- Plans CRA activities; writes and administers the CRA Plan according to federal/state statutes as well as in accordance to the governing body’s codes and plans; creates annual reports for the CRA and reports on CRA Policies, Programs, and Performance reports.
- Develops, prioritize, and manage multi-million-dollar CRA Projects; Examples include park enhancements, streetscapes, and business incentives.
- Work with Florida Main Street to help our Palmetto downtown organizations.
- Performs financial/budgeting for the CRA, including programming multi-year internal budgets; writes grant applications and meets with potential funding partners.
- Attends CRA Board of Directors meetings, public hearings, and functions. Represents the CRA at conferences and official meetings.
- Meets with commercial redevelopment incentive applicants.
- Schedules and plans meetings/appointments, trainings, courses, conferences, travel arrangements, and other calendar events for the Community Redevelopment Agency Director.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance to ensure that all work is completed in accordance with applicable laws and government regulations.
- Coordinates the city vehicle assigned to the CRA, acts as liaison with the Public Works Fleet Division. Ensures proper assignment of vehicle to staff and ensures vehicle maintenance schedules are kept.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current best practices, trends, laws, and issues affecting area of expertise. Upon approval, attends educational events that will increase professional knowledge and be otherwise beneficial to the CRA.
Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a Master’s in Business Administration, Public Administration, planning, community development or a closely related field.
- Requires five years of municipal administrative and supervisory experience in community development or a closely related field.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
Florida Redevelopment Association – Redevelopment Professional or Administrator Designation preferred.
***PLEASE NOTE: If needed, certification/license must be obtained within two (2) years of hire.
City of Palmetto offers a full range of employee benefits including (but not limited to):
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance:
The City of Palmetto is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S. C. 12101 et. seq.), the City of Palmetto will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
***Please Note: This is NOT a complete job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.