COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
Title: Assistant Community Redevelopment Agency Director
Pay Grade / FLSA Status: 119 / Exempt
Salary: (minimum) $61,002 (neg. based on education/experience)
PLEASE NOTE: City of Palmetto Employment Application MUST be submitted to be considered for this position.
Resume alone will not count as application for employment.
To view FULL JOB DESCRIPTION and INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY, please click on the following link:
Under the general direction of the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Director, this is professional work coordinating projects and programs that implement and account for the formally adopted CRA redevelopment plan within the designated CRA area. The Assistant CRA Director performs supervised work while exercising considerable initiative and professionalism, while undertaking and completing defined redevelopment project/program management assignments.
Contact with City officials, department directors of other city departments, and the general public are an important function of this position. The Assistant CRA Director, in the absence of the CRA Director, assume responsibility for the Department and work in a team environment, providing technical assistance as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this job/class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the job/class as necessary.
- Maintain and update the CRA SharePoint site.
- Coordinate with CRA staff, city departments, public agencies, and property & business owners as necessary, implementing CRA projects/programs.
- Help the Director with the tracking of CRA project/program budgets and grants.
- Manage Main Street Program board and members.
- Assist in the review and development of the CRA annual report.
- Quantify economic development incentives.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of certain CRA properties and projects.
- Assist with the preparation of CRA properties for redevelopment.
- Analyze quotes and review for competitiveness including managing and administering departmental contracts.
- Grow CRA social media presence to disseminate CRA opportunities.
Performs related work as assigned.
Responsibilities, Requirements and Impacts:
Collects, classifies or formats data or information in accordance with a prescribed schema or plan to facilitate the identification and extraction of useful information.
- Manages CRA staff and consultants in the absence of the CRA Director.
- Attend City, CRA and other meetings in the absence of the CRA Director.
- Hold bi-weekly CRA staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Exercise good interpersonal skills.
Finance, budgeting and general accounting principles are desired.
Must have the ability to speak in a public forum or setting; as well as, communicate clearly and concisely orally and written.
Complexity of Work:
Performs skilled work involving rules/systems with almost constant problem solving; requires normal attention with short periods of concentration for accurate results and occasional exposure to unusual pressure.
Impact of Errors:
The impact of errors is moderate – affects those in work unit.
Performs sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis, or skill, adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands, or limbs on repetitive operation of mechanical or electronic office or shop machines or tools within moderate tolerances or limits of accuracy.
Handles or uses office machinery, tools, equipment or work aids involving some latitude for judgement regarding attainment of a standard or in selecting appropriate items.
Involves routine and frequent exposure to bright/dim light; dusts and pollen.
Safety of Others: (Does not include safety of subordinates.)
Requires some responsibility for safety and health of others and/or for occasional enforcement of the standards of public safety or health.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Experience in the whole Microsoft Suite.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, business administration, architecture and community design, engineering, or urban & regional planning.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in the field of community redevelopment.
- Five (5) years’ experience in grant writing or program/project management.
- Associate of Arts degree in business or similar field.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in the field of community redevelopment.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in grant writing or program/project management.
PLEASE NOTE: Required to work alternate hours, as needed (City Commission meetings and special events.)
Special Certifications and Licenses:
Florida Redevelopment Association – Redevelopment Professional/Administrator Certification preferred.
- If needed: Ability to earn a Florida Redevelopment Association certification (Redevelopment Professional or Administrator) in two years.
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance:
The City of Palmetto is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S. C. 12101 et. seq.), the City of Palmetto will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
***Please Note: This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.