Economic Development Specialist (The Greenhouse)
Salary: $55,176 – $89,854
Close Date: 10-13-2022 (11:59 PM)
This is responsible professional, technical, and public contact work of an advanced level involving tasks related to program development and support of projects specific to the entrepreneurial growth and business assistance needs of the community. Work requires the capacity to apply principles and practices of business startup, expansion, retention, and incentive program development and oversight; community economic development principles, the ability to research, develop and maintain statistical information and perform business analytics; attendance at civic meetings to make presentations and explain economic development plans, projects and programs; coordination of studies, surveys, programs, and analysis of findings; development and maintenance of communications channels, tools, strategies and presence; maintaining comprehensive records, use of database for tracking the lifecycle of businesses at various stages; and preparation of correspondence, reports and manuals.
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Have a valid Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License.
- Be able to work at least one evening per week.
- Have considerable technical experience in economic development or related fields.
- Have considerable experience in program coordination, oversight, and implementation.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills.
- Have considerable computer expertise, including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).