Planning & Development Services Technician
CITY OF PINELLAS PARK
Pinellas Park, FL United States
Hourly Rate: $16.9688
TO APPLY: Submit your application online at https://www.pinellas-park.com/apply
- Job certification paid training
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation, personal, and sick time
- Parental leave
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- Pension and 457 deferred-compensation retirement plans
- Learn more about our benefits from https://www.pinellas-park.com/EmployeeBenefits
Under general supervision, serves as a member of a high-performing cross-functional work team by providing complex and diversified administrative support to the Planning & Development Services Division.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Requires the equivalent of completion of two (2) years of coursework in business, public administration, or planning from an accredited community college, college or university and two (2) years of professional administrative assistant experience. Must hold, or obtain within six (6) months, and continually maintain, designation as a Florida Notary Public. Employees are required to pass the National Incident Management System (NIMS) training courses identified for their position and listed in the most recent version of the NIMS Training Guide within one (1) year of placement into this position.
- Requires a valid Florida driver license.
- Primarily sedentary work with regular requirements to move around the office, and infrequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Extensive use of office equipment, including computers, recording devices, and electronic and voice communication systems. Occasional driving required to locations within the City, County, and Tampa Bay region.
- This position is assigned the Emergency Personnel Status of Non-Emergency Essential for the purposes of work assigned before, during, and after a disaster-related event.
Examples of Duties:
- Assists staff in gathering and reviewing data, develops technical recommendations, assists in research and prepares information for periodic and special reports. Prepares public notices and advertising, notifies citizens of public hearings, prepares presentation materials and agenda items, and assists with public hearings and workshops. Tracks deadlines for project applications and deadlines for applicable Board meetings. Creates and updates presentations, creates maps and graphics, Completes research and data collection. Assists in the preparation of legal documents. Assists with records management. Attends and participates in evening meetings, hearings, and conferences; assists in the administration of special events; serves as liaison and secretary various boards, commissions, and task forces; may attend meetings in supervisor’s absence.
- Composes, edits, proofreads, and types correspondence, forms, agendas, reports, minutes, etc. Assists via telephone and in person answering citizens’ questions, addressing concerns, and providing services; develops and maintains manual and automated files. Receives, checks, corrects, verifies, and enters payroll information; documents attendance records. Orders office supplies as needed; makes travel arrangements for management; and notarizes documents as needed. Provides general assistance to the Planners, Manager, and Director. Assists, as needed, in all other areas of the Planning & Development Services Division and Community Development Department as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer applications software for word-processing, records management, and spreadsheet preparation; administrative office procedures, practices, and records management; standard office equipment (e.g. facsimile machine, calculator, photocopier, telephone, transcription equipment, etc.); proper English, grammar, and spelling; and manual and automated filing systems.
- Ability to work under deadline restraints and changing priorities in a fast paced environment; and to be certified as a Florida Notary Public.
- Skill in keyboarding at a rate of 30 correct words per minute; oral communications in both one-on-one and group situations; written communications for both administrative and technical purposes; and skill in the operation of computer hardware and software.
Pursuant to section 295.07, Florida Statutes: Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. Certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements.