Economic Development Manager- City of Cape Coral, FL
Salary Range: $81,764.80 – $130,832.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- City-paid employee health coverage, additional for spouse or family
- Employee Health & Wellness Center for health care services
- 5 weeks PTO (sick & vacation)
- 11 paid holidays
- Pension Plan
- City-paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision and Dental Plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym membership reimbursement
- And much more!
WHAT IS THE POSITION?
Under the general direction of the City Manager, coordinates the resources of the City into a unified team and leads that team in the pursuance of the City’s Economic and Business Development Mission. The Mission is to expand, diversify, and improve the City’s tax base and employment opportunities. The Economic and Business Development Office is engaged primarily in two functions, retaining and expanding existing business/employers and bringing new business/employers to the City. Supervises and reviews the work of subordinate professional staff. Performs related administrative and professional work as required.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Coordinates the resources of the City into a unified team and leads that team in the pursuance of the City’s Economic and Business Development Mission which is to expand, diversify, and improve the City’s tax base and employment opportunities.
- Prepares and implements the City’s Economic Development Master Plan, and all other monthly and annual work plans needed for the successful implementation of the City’s economic and business development strategies and directives of the City Manager.
- Manages the advertising functions of the Economic and Business Development Office and advertising contract(s).
- Works closely with the City’s Office of Communications to promote the City and communicate its many attributes.
- Reviews and provides input on Development Services plans, proposals and planned development projects.
- Oversees the production of brochures, videos, Internet home page information, and other communication vehicles created by or for the Economic and Business Development Office. • Directs various programs to encourage the development and growth of Cape Coral’s small business community.
- Oversees all Economic and Business Development Office grant request activities. • Perform other related duties as required.
WHAT EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Economic Development, Business Administration or related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the field of economic development, finance, business consulting, business administration, business marketing, community development, real estate development, planning or public administration; including two (2) years of experience in a government setting. • Three (3) years of supervisory experience.