|CITY OF ST. CLOUD
invites applications for the position of:
Community Redevelopment Specialist
|SALARY:||$42,083.18 – $66,647.92 Annually|
|CLOSING DATE:||05/17/21 05:00 PM|
|WORK HOURS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8:00 AM TO 5:00PM
This position requires an individual to assist with management of the daily operations of the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and implement Agency programs and plans.
|The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
· Analyzes regulations impacting programs and projects; reviews programs to ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
· Assists with the development of capital projects included in the City’s Master Redevelopment Plan; tracks the economic impact of those projects on redevelopment activities City-wide.
· Responds to inquiries and complaints; attends meetings to provide information to organizations and the public.
· Assists with preparation of the budget; identifies and administers grants and other sources of funding.
· Performs research in factors affecting growth in the CRA area and maintains market and related information.
· Develops and implements strategies and projects to expand the economy and tax base for the area.
· Designs and implements programs and strategies to enhance the marketability and viability of the CRA.
· Responsible for regulatory reporting of CRA activities to appropriate state and local authorities.
· Participates in meetings, events, and outreach.
· Performs related work as assigned.
|Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or related field, supplemented by four (4) years of progressively responsible experience; or possession of any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Planning, redevelopment or economic development experience preferred.
Experience in grant writing preferred.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida State Driver’s License with an approved driving history.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. The ability to make public presentations including presentations to the City Council and the CRA Board is necessary. Use of electronic equipment to prepare and deliver the presentations is essential.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.