|Title:||Assistant CRA Director|
|Division:||Community Redevelopment Agency|
|Pay:||$43,874 – $55,000|
PLEASE NOTE: YOU *MUST* SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Employment applications may be printed from our website at www.palmettofl.org or picked up at the City of Palmetto, Human Resource Dept., 516 8th Ave. W. Palmetto, Fl. 34221.
Under the general direction of the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Director, this is professional work coordinating projects and programs that implement and account for the formally adopted CRA redevelopment plan within the designated CRA area. The Assistant CRA Director performs supervised work while exercising considerable initiative and professionalism, while undertaking and completing defined redevelopment project/program management assignments.
Contact with City officials, department directors of other city departments, and the general public are an important function of this position. The Assistant CRA Director, in the absence of the CRA Director, assume responsibility for the Department and work in a team environment, providing technical assistance as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this job/class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the job/class as necessary.
Will Assist the CRA Director as follows (in order of importance):
- Maintain and update the CRA SharePoint site.
- Coordinate with CRA staff, city departments, public agencies, and property & business owners as necessary, implementing CRA projects/programs.
- Track CRA project/program budgets and grants.
- Manage CRA Advisory Board meetings.
- Develop CRA annual reports.
- Quantify economic development incentives.
- Contract maintenance and management of CRA properties and projects.
- Prepare CRA properties for redevelopment.
- Analyze quotes and review for competitiveness including managing and administering departmental contracts.
- Grow CRA social media presence to disseminate CRA opportunities
Performs related work as assigned.
Responsibilities, Requirements and Impacts:
Identifies, digitizes and catalogs data (forms, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.) using Microsoft Teams and other platforms.
- Manages CRA staff and consultants in the absence of the CRA Director.
- Attend City, CRA and other meetings in the absence of the CRA Director.
- Hold monthly CRA staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Exercise good interpersonal skills.
Must have the ability to speak in a public forum or setting; as well as, communicate clearly and concisely orally and written.
Finance, budgeting and general accounting principles are desired.
Complexity of Work:
Performs skilled work involving rules/systems with almost constant problem solving; requires normal attention with short periods of concentration for accurate results and occasional exposure to unusual pressure.
Performs sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or sustained keyboard operations.
Safety of Others: (Does not include safety of subordinates).
Requires some responsibility for safety and health of others and/or for occasional enforcement of the standards of public safety or health.
Minimum Qualifications Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Experience in Excel software, especially pivot tables and splicers.
- Required to work alternate hours, as needed (City Commission meetings and special events).
- Ability to earn a Florida Redevelopment Association certification (Redevelopment Professional or Administrator) in two years.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
Minimum Qualifications cont.
- Associate of Arts degree in business or similar field with:
- Five (5) years’ experience working in the field of community redevelopment
- Ten (10) years’ experience in grant writing or program/project management
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, business administration, architecture and community design, engineering, or urban & regional planning:
- Two (2) years’ experience working in the field of community redevelopment
- Five (5) years’ experience in grant writing or program/project management
Preferred Qualifications Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, business administration, architecture and community design, engineering, or urban & regional planning.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in the field of Florida-based community redevelopment.
- Hold a Florida Redevelopment Association (Redevelopment Professional or Administrator) certification.
Interested candidates should submit a completed employment application to the Human Resources Department at City Hall, 516 8th Ave West Palmetto, FL 34221. Resumes will be accepted only with a completed City of Palmetto General Employment Application.
The City of Palmetto is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. All applicants must complete a pre-employment physical, drug test and background check.
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance:
The City of Palmetto, FL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires City of Palmetto, FL to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
All applications will become public documents under Florida Law.