Under the direct supervision of the Economic Development Manager, performs highly specialized and responsible work coordinating and managing activities and projects of the three Community Redevelopment Agencies and the City’s Brownfields Grant program. The Redevelopment Specialist is administratively responsible for projects and works closely with the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Boards; updating them on the status of redevelopment projects within the respective Community Redevelopment Areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists with the preparation of annual budgets for each CRA and presents to CRA Board for approval.
- Attends monthly CRA Board meetings, prepares and distributes CRA agenda packages, provides information on programs.
- Seeks direction from CRA Boards on funding priorities.
- Responds to requests for information by CRA Boards.
- Assists with identifying and assessing redevelopment projects to determine feasibility for priority status.
- Administers the City’s Brownfields Grant Program.
- Project Management:
- Monitors budgets for individual projects and overall operating budget for entire program, signs all invoices and pay requests, and reports all expenses to CRA Boards monthly.
- Under the direction of the Economic Development Manager, implements projects including planning and design, funding, construction coordination, and bidding documents and procedures.
- Coordinates with other City departments on projects as necessary.
- Works with local, state and federal agencies in developing funding programs for both development and redevelopment projects.
- Interfaces with the Florida Legal Services, local businesses, property owners, chamber and other related groups.
- Develops public relations programs to generate interest and support for projects and makes public presentations as required.
- Participates in interviewing, selecting, and monitoring of consultants and contractors for projects.
- Meets with citizens, businesses, homeowners, and other community groups as needed to assess need and develop new projects.
- Packages, markets and identifies alternate financing for redevelopment projects with developers, lenders and government agencies.
- Coordinates efforts to amend the existing redevelopment plans as needed.