The Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(6) organization. It is a membership organization comprised of companies, organizations, and individuals with a common goal of advancing Downtown Tampa.
Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to the Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership works to promote Downtown Through marketing, communication, community engagement, beautification, and placemaking.
The operations manager ensures the delivery of high-quality service through development and implementation of efficient operational systems and quality assurance mechanisms and through effective leadership in managing staff and financial resources related to beautification, maintenance, litter abatement, and ambassador services in Downtown Tampa. The position supervises facilitation of landscaping and public space maintenance services, as well as supporting the execution of special projects related to public programming. The operations manager reports directly to the Senior Director of Public Programming & Operations.
- Manages all on-street services provided by the Special Services District (SSD), supplemental maintenance, litter removal, beautification, and special program support.
- Oversees Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team’s and all related employee relations, to include annual performance reviews, uniforms, equipment purchases/maintenance, hiring, interviewing, training, etc.
- Works directly with Clean Team and Downtown Guides’ project manager, supervisor, and team leaders to determine priorities, identify and assign project teams, develop assessment and evaluation tools, establish procedures, and oversee planning and implementation. Ensure meaningful goal setting, measurable outcomes and accountability, and deliverables.
- Negotiates and administers contracts with outside vendors for maximum service and cost effectiveness.
- Oversees development and implementation of data collection and evaluation tools, and performance measurements to ensure effective delivery of services to all constituents.
- Assists in convening property managers, public safety stakeholders (i.e. local law enforcement, security providers, emergency preparedness agencies, business owners, etc.) to provide effective communication channels and problem-solving opportunities.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Special Services District Advisory Committee, facilitating monthly meetings, along with committee chairs, and represents a variety of key downtown stakeholders.
- Manages Downtown Security Network contact list and works closely with event coordinator for Downtown Security Series programming.
- Creates and enhances partnerships as liaison with City of Tampa senior staff levels to ensure maximum attention to maintenance within the SSD area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including demonstrated ability to articulate the organization’s philosophy and position to a wide range of audiences. Must be able to document incidents appropriately and timely.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and foster partnerships in both the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrated fiscal and business management skills to develop, manage and track budgets and contracts, handle multiple priorities and execute projects for timely completion.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate employees; high degree of excellent judgement skills, and problem-solving ability required. Hands-on leadership and pro-active approach are essential.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Human Resource applications, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, Board members, business and community leaders, and stakeholders.
- Thorough and excellent attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to work occasional early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Ability to walk long distances.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiar with operations of Business Improvement Districts (BID).
- Familiarity and connections to current industry trends related to clean and safe programming and some urban development.
- Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of five years management experience in service industry, construction management, municipal government, business improvement districts, or convention and hospitality services; preferably in a special services district, urban partnership or closely-related environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of Downtown Tampa and acquainted with significant stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exempt status. Salary commensurate with experience
- Fully paid Health and Dental Benefits, and Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Commuter Parking Allowance
- Some Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Time Off
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://www.tampasdowntown.com/about-us/careers/