The Church Street District Executive Director is responsible for the development, execution, implementation and documentation of activities and initiatives of Church Street District (CSD), a non- profit organization. The CSD is part of Orlando Main Streets, a Main Street America accredited program. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors and works in a collaborative manner to determine the overall development objectives, action plans, and strategic direction of the organization in the best interest of Downtown Orlando and its member stakeholders. The Executive Director will act as a liaison to the City of Orlando, dues-paying members and other CSD stakeholders. The Executive Director will work consistently and enthusiastically to promote development, unification and growth through various marketing and event initiatives. The Executive Director will cultivate relationships with downtown businesses, property owners and the broader business community to identify and secure grant-funding, sponsorships, and memberships. The Executive Director will act as CSD’s primary point of contact for their marketing agency of record for all aspects of the CSD’s destination marketing campaign. The Executive Director will supervise the positions of Associate Director, Church Street District and Permit and Events Coordinator, and all the responsibilities that those positions entail. The Executive Director will also be expected to perform all administrative functions associated with Main Street activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as the grassroots organizer to address key issues facing the Church Street District such as advocating for parking incentives, event permit improvements, clean-up, lighting, façade and art grants, development projects, street closures,
- Host quarterly merchant meetings, property owner meetings, and downtown-specific business education meetings as needed
- Recruit and retain members both in and around the Church Street District
- Plans and executes block parties, large-scale events and small programming activations to continually enhance the guest experience on Church The Director is responsible for making sure events are financially profitable and that they align with Church Street District’s mission and vision
- Executive Director assumes overall responsibility for all aspects of CSD Executive Director is also responsible for managing contractors hired to carry-out event specific responsibilities
- Oversees ongoing 18A event permit documents in collaboration with the City of Orlando
- Promotes the CSD as a viable venue Recruits third party, quality, event programming to the Church Street District and oversees those event logistics and communication efforts under the CSD 18A events permit.
- Facilitates holiday programming and décor in partnership with ShopCore Properties and City of Orlando
- Actively work to recognize and capitalize on opportunities to create new revenue sources
- Strategically identify and lead the effort to leverage additional revenue via large corporate donors
- Actively work to capitalize on the tourism within the greater Orlando area, creating opportunities for convention attendees to make Church Street District one of their desired destinations
- Develops and maintains the budget as a whole and individual project budgets within. Coordinates with bookkeeper, treasurer and/or board president to provide updates for the Orlando Main Street quarterly reports and to the CSD board as needed.
- Provides monthly Executive Director updates at CSD board
- Oversees CSD project-based committees; participates regularly in committee planning and meetings
- Creates and maintains a cooperative working relationship with existing and news business owners/operators, residents, and local
- Maintains and disseminates information pertaining to the district as a whole, specific projects, and event
- Fosters and maintains positive, collaborative working relationships with City of Orlando staff including but not limited to: the Downtown Development Board staff, planning department, traffic, parking and engineering, code enforcement officials and Orlando Police Department
- Director should have an in-depth understanding of CRAs and be able to accurately articulate the role it plays in fostering downtown
- Fosters and maintains positive, collaborative working relationships with dues paying members
- Provides excellent customer service and communication to all CSD members and stakeholders. Must be able to work with all personality types, and must excel at conflict resolution and problem
- Must be a self-starter with a proven ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects at a time. Must prove to have strong listening skills
- Must excel in research and implementation of new ideas; creating an understanding and buy- in among stakeholders and other impacted parties
- Manage all social media accounts including the CSD Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Manage the Church Street District website content
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Community Development, Community Relations or similar area of expertise is required. Must have at least 2 years experience working in stakeholder relations and membership recruitment, and 3+ years experience planning and hosting events.
Downtown revitalization experience and previous experience working with or for a municipality or CRA board preferred.
Competitive salary range: $55,000 – $65,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience. Opportunities for an additional $10,000+ annually through bonus incentives. Competitive health insurance package. Dental and vision not included. Two weeks paid vacation and paid attendance to National Main Street Conference provided annually.
Submit resumes to email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Friday, May 10, 2019.