Need inspiration? See previous year Best Books under “Need Some Inspiration” at www.redevelopment.net/2018-fra-awards
NOTE: The system at this time does not allow you to save your entries, get out of the system and go back in. You have to upload everything at once.
Once your form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation message to verify your entry has been sent.
(Note: If you have questions regarding what type of content or materials you should enter in the form, please contact Carol Westmoreland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-570-7206. If you are having technical difficulties with the form, please email Michael Winn at email@example.com for assistance.)
Please read these instructions and guidance before beginning your online submission. Be sure that in order to qualify, the payment and entry is submitted by Deadline to submit: July 13, 2018
Need guidance? Here are some instructions:
- The system will not tell you that your photos have been uploaded until you hit the SUBMIT button.
- The system at this time does not allow you to save your entries, get out of the system and go back in. You have to upload everything at once.
- Fill out all the boxes that you can, if there is an asterisk, it is required.
- Each box only allows the uploading of one document or photo – use the “additional” boxes to add photos or documents you feel are pertinent.
- Click here for more tips.
Fill out the online form (to the left) and include:
- Project title: what is the name of the project, plan or study?
- Image: this is of the project/study/plan – the system requires a photo that you would like included in the Best Book
- 100-word description (summary) of your entry for the “Best Book”.
- Fill out all of the boxes (this will comprise a narrative of your entry):
- Innovation– How the project used new ideas to solve problems or to carry out the project or program
- Community Impact – How the project improved economic, social, design, cultural assets of the community
- Funding– How the project leveraged funding and in-kind assistance
- Problem Solving– How the project used problem-solving to address unique local issues
- Applicability to Other Communities– Why this project or program could be transferred to other communities
- Other Things to Tell the Judges – A description of any other aspects (first of its kind, most successful, aspects not included above)
- PowerPoint – Four slides with before and after photos* (from two different perspectives) and up to ten other slides in PowerPoint format. IF you would rather photos separately instead of in the power point, please upload under “other” (additional) boxes.
- Documents – For a plan, study, marketing piece or other documents, provide the online link to the document or a summary of the document.
- Next, check the box that applies to your entry.
- Annual Report – We want to recognize great communications about the positive impact of the CRA on a community, regardless of budget.
- Capital Project/Beautification – Streetscapes, Landscaping, Parks, Wayfinding, Lighting, Storm water, etc.
- Creative Organizational Development – Successful incentive, loan and grant programs; land assembly projects; and projects that combine multiple funding sources, partnerships, resources
- Cultural Enhancement – Art and cultural projects, events and activities that enhance redevelopment of an area
- Fiscal Impact Study – Programs that have successfully analyzed data, tracked it over several years, over the term of a project, or combined it with other measurement tools
- Management Programs/Creative Partnerships – DDAs, DIBs, DIAs, business attraction and retention, hospitality partnerships, community policing, ambassador programs, etc.
- Out of the Box – Those that don’t fit into any of the other categories can be nominated for this award. We reserve the right to place the submission into another category.
- Outstanding Housing Project – Affordable, market rate, workforce, low to moderate income, with or without incentives or partnerships
- Outstanding New Building – New buildings constructed with or without incentives in redevelopment areas
- Outstanding Rehab, Renovation or Reuse – Buildings rehabilitated with or without incentives in redevelopment areas
- Planning Studies – Redevelopment, feasibility, blight findings, streetscapes, landscapes, market analysis/ business development, designs, zoning, historic preservation, etc.
- Promotion – Documentaries, celebrations, videos, print, digital or multimedia efforts to promote CRA areas
- Transportation – Trolleys, trains, electric cars, sidewalks, access, bus shelters, stations, linkages, infrastructure, reuse of rails
- Finally, it is important that give us your contact information:
SUBMITTING MEMBER ORGANIZATION
CONTACT NAME & TITLE
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS
PROJECT COMPLETION DATE
PRIVATE SECTOR/NON-PROFIT PARTNERS
(COMPANY NAME) PARTNERS
For help or more information, contact Carol Westmoreland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-570-7206.