Job Description Division/Department: Community Redevelopment Agency
Location: CRA Office
Job title: Neighborhood Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Hour- 40 per week
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the person in this position is responsible for advanced professional work involving the preparation, evaluation and analysis of community redevelopment plans and proposed projects and development in accordance with the Town’s Community Redevelopment Agency’s Plan, and the Land Development Code Regulations and Guidelines. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the identification and management of projects that are proposed within the respective Community Redevelopment Area Plans; Coordinating and attending public meetings, and promoting the Community Redevelopment Areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe each and every function which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Works toward implementation of the vision of Community Redevelopment Plans as a member of a dynamic team.
- Identifies projects; assists in the preparation of development briefs and specifications; formulates project implementation; interprets engineering drawings, manages projects, liaises with internal and external project engineers, planners and architects, ensuring projects meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Serves as staff liaison to neighborhood advisory committees, prepares and presents reports and updates to Neighborhood Advisory Committees and the Community Redevelopment Agency.
- Schedules public hearings and prepares ordinances.
- Prepares staff reports for residential, commercial and industrial subdivisions, mixed use and planned unit developments, advertised conditional uses, special exceptions and zoning changes.
- Guides and assists general public with proposed development inquiries relating to the Community Redevelopment Area.
- Woks with a team to identify, prepare and manage grant applications.
- Performs work related to this job description as required.