CITY OF SEBRING
The City of Sebring is recruiting for the following position:
Position: CRA Executive Director Salary Range: $50, 000 – $65,000 ANNUALLY
Department: CRA Closing Date: May 19, 2017
The City of Sebring does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion, Age or Disability in Employment or Provision of Services. Drug Free Work Place, EOE, Vet. Preference.
Apply: For an application visit www.mysebring.com or City Hall, 368 S Commerce Ave., Sebring, FL 33870 or contact (863) 471-5100.
Highly responsible administrative work in administering the economic renewal and redevelopment of downtown Sebring.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as the administrator for a seven member policy board which oversees the renewal and redevelopment of downtown Sebring. Supervises the day-to-day agency activities.
- Coordinates with other public and private entities related to the redevelopment effort. Provides to the CRA Board current information regarding changes to Chapter 163, Part III, FS and networks with other CRA’s in Florida and with the Florida Redevelopment Association on matters related to the redevelopment effort.
- Prepares and submits reports required by the CRA and other agencies pertaining to CRA projects.
- Acts as a public spokesperson for the CRA.
- Prepares and develops plans either in-house, or through coordination with outside consultants.
- Coordinates downtown development and responsible for marketing the CRA District.
- Responsible for acquiring grants-in-aid from State, Federal, and private foundations for activities related to the redevelopment effort.
- Supervises the execution of the Redevelopment Plan pursuant to Chapter 163, Part III, Florida Statutes.
- Provide administrative support to the Sebring Historic Preservation Commission.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the CRA Board.
- The Executive Director is responsible to all seven members of the CRA Board.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Planning or closely related field. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of Five (5) years progressively responsible redevelopment experience or closely related field.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted for the education requirements.
- Solid experience in economic development and/or real estate development.
- Experience with grants-in-aid from State, Federal, and private foundations for activities related to the redevelopment effort.
- Understanding of finance and investment analysis.
- Experience in commercial real estate sales and/or development desired.
- Experience in downtown development and marketing.
- Excellent communication, organization, and people skills.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office programs and using the Internet.
- Should have extensive knowledge of Community Redevelopment Agencies and how they function.
- Demonstrated experience working with Tax Increment Financing (TIF)and budgeting
- Thorough knowledge of principals, methods and practices of urban planning.
- Ability to present technical information clearly, concisely, orally and in writing.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Possession of a valid Florida Drivers License
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Able to operate a motor vehicle
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Office environment
(Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability)
SALARY RANGE: Annual salary from $50,000 to $65,000 DOQ plus benefits.