Planner – City of Destin
SUMMARY: Assists and coordinates with the Planning Manager and staff regarding the review of development related applications, creates ordinance amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, Land Development code and code of Ordinances and processes Board of Adjustment applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are not to be construed as an exclusive or all-inclusive listing of skills and abilities required to perform the job. Management may delegate other responsibilities as required.
- Confers with Developers, Engineers, Architects, Landscape Architects, Surveyors, and members of the public on applications related to the Planning Division.
- Attends and/or provides staffing support as necessary for the following types of public meetings: City Council, Local Planning Agency (LPA), Board of Adjustment (BOA), Town Center Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) Advisory Committee, and the Harbor Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) Advisory Committees.
- Reviews Minor Development Orders, Minor Subdivision applications, Minor Deviations to a Development Order, Simple Deviations to a Development Order, Minor Replats, and Lot Split applications.
- Performs inspections of ongoing construction work to ensure compliance with the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code (LDC) prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy or Certificate of Completion.
- Point of contact for walk-ins and phone calls regarding technical planning issues/questions.
- Point of contact for the review and approval of all building and sign permit applications.
- Reviews Business Tax Receipt applications for Land Development Code (LDC) compliance.
- Point of contact for preparing the Coastal Construction Control Line (CCCL) approval letter for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP).
- Reviews and processes variances, conditional uses, exceptions, and administrative appeal applications.
- Evaluates, prepares, and processes amendments to the City’s Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code (LDC), and Code of Ordinances in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Assists with the addressing system, including maintenance of revisions and issuing new addresses.
- Assists in the Comprehensive Plan annual reports and research.
- Assists in departmental research and technical report preparation.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate commitment to Team Destin and our mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Contributes to the development and accomplishments of the Planning Division and Community Development Home Team.
Category: Community Development
Salary: $49,000/ann DOQ
Published: Jan 27, 2017, 08:00 AM
Closing: Feb 24, 2017, 11:00 PM
To read the full job description, click here.