Redevelopment Management Associates’ (“RMA”) is seeking a qualified candidate to supervise construction projects for its city clients. Projects range from renovation of small retail buildings to larger scale new construction of office and retail space, and parking garages, as well as coordination with right of way or city streetscape improvements. The CPM reports directly to the Principals of RMA. RMA is headquartered in Downtown Pompano Beach, Florida. This position will be located in the West Palm Beach City Redevelopment Agency (“CRA”) office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with implementation of CRA capital projects including tenant improvements, parking facilities, streetscape projects, community buildings, park and recreation projects, building façade program, housing rehabilitation projects, storm water improvements etc.
- Coordinates and/or manages multiple projects simultaneously in various phases of construction, contract administration, quality control, inspection and warranty administration.
- Works with design and engineering consulting firms, general contractors, city, county and other agency representatives throughout the development process.
- Assists in the procurement process of design and construction services for new construction and renovation projects.
- Manages project design and construction consulting contracts; verifies work is compliant with applicable codes and contract provisions; reviews pay requests and change orders; manages project schedules and budgets.
- Interacts with community groups, residents and business owners in coordination and communication with City staff, elected officials, and other public entities.
- Observes conditions within the community, speaks with community leaders and makes presentations before governmental committees, boards and community organizations.
- Responsible for preparing agenda items and making presentations at city and CRA meetings.
- Composes a variety of correspondence and maintains a variety of complex records and reports.
- Work with RMA or client’s marketing department to communicate the progress and impact of construction work to merchants and property owners.
- Performs varied administrative responsibilities, usually under moderate direct supervision allowing latitude for use of independent judgment.
- Professional degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field.
- A minimum of five years experience in construction management and/or other related disciplines in building and horizontal construction.
- Must be a good public speaker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skill set; such as writing requests for proposals (“RFP”) and various reports.
- Certification by trade associations exemplifying additional education is a plus.
- Competency in Auto CAD and other graphic software a plus, use of photography important.
Salary Range: DOE
Apply to: email@example.com
Ref: Eng/Constr PM
Reports to: Personnel assigned by the Principal