Planner I – City of Fort Walton Beach
The Planner I is responsible for assisting in all phases of planning operations and grant administration. The employee is under the general supervision of the Development Services Manager.
- The position coordinates and assists in the implementation of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
- Coordinates the scheduling of downtown overhead banner installation with citizens and other government agencies for reviewing and processing.
- Assists citizens City-wide with all temporary business/special event inquiries including the reviewing and processing of all associated applications.
- Assists in the implementation of the City’s Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code and Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) Plan.
- Prepares studies, reports, and other materials for the various board/committees, and citizens groups.
- Attends public meetings of various boards, commissions, and committees; creates and presents reports on assigned projects and activities.
- Responds to public inquires both orally and in writing concerning planning activities.
- Speaks with citizens and local/prospective businesses regarding community redevelopment opportunities and regulations.
- Conducts field evaluations, surveys, and technical research to prepare studies and statistical reports and recommendations for redevelopment projects and programs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Economic Development, Geography, or a related field from an accredited four year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Possession of a valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
Please visit www.fwb.org/jobs for more information and to apply!