RMA is seeking a qualified candidate to join its Economic Development team to support its efforts in providing economic development and redevelopment planning to various government agencies. Under the general guidance of the Economic Development Director, this position conducts in-depth research and analysis to prepare plans and reports for RMA’s city clients. This economic data is used to guide a city’s efforts in attracting business and development, and to construct a plan to form a strong economic tax base through managed growth recommendations. Preparing a long-term vision for economic growth is done in coordination with RMA’s Marketing and Business Attraction Director and the rest of the RMA team to help reinvent cities by and increasing quality of life. Overall duties include data collection, market analysis, and real estate analysis and research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Real Estate Research and Analysis
- Financial and market analysis
- Economic Development plans and principle
- Redevelopment Planning and preparing written supportive materials
- Gathers, updates, organizes and manages demographic data related to the overall assigned City and smaller areas surrounding commercial nodes and shopping centers.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of a City’s redevelopment plans; establishes, secures funds for planning and implementation activities from outside sources, works with external redevelopment agencies and coordinates involvement of local, regional, state and private sector economic development partners, the business community, residents and property owners.
- Gathering market research from various data providers including but not limited to ESRI, US Census Bureau, CoStar, Multiple Listing Service, etc.
- Financial Analysis- Including but not limited to analyzing municipal budgets, project and development pro-formas, and economic impact studies
- Attend and lead Charette style public input meetings
- Utilize public input and market data to develop a market analysis report
- Create or update existing economic development plans and similar planning documents
- Assist other departments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong experience in research and analytics
Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
Experience with data sources including ESRI, COStar, MLS, US Census Bureau
Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Experience working in team-oriented environments
Good presentation skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, and media
Interest in finance, economics, real estate and local government (specifically CRA’s and economic development)
Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Commercial Real Estate, Finance, Economic Development, or a related field. Supplemented by 2-3 years progressively responsible work experience at a level that required supervision or management of projects and programs in economic development, redevelopment, commercial real estate development, business assistance, public facility or infrastructure development, public and/or private finance, or workforce development.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $50,000 Annually, DOE
Apply to: email@example.com
Ref: Eco Dev Coord
Reports to: Director of Economic Development