President & CEO – Fort Myers River District Alliance (RDA)
The Fort Myers River District Alliance (RDA) works to promote to promote and enhance the development of the historic downtown as a hub of economic, social and cultural activity. The success of the RDA can be judged by simply strolling down the streets of the River District. Eclectic boutiques, art galleries, live theater, award-winning restaurants, tourist attractions and fantastic venues line the streets and beyond throughout the River District. As one of the fastest growing areas in the nation, the RDA strives to preserve the essence of downtown while promoting the growth of the business and economic sectors that make the area thrive.
As the non-profit merchant organization within the historic downtown, we work to be a common voice to our elected officials and local decision makers. Members of the RDA continue to be locally based merchants, residents and property owners within the boundaries of the Fort Myers River District (Downtown Fort Myers Redevelopment District).
The President & CEO position is a multi-faceted leadership role that oversees every aspect of the RDA in executing its mission to promote and enhance the development of the historic Fort Myers River District as a hub of economic, social, and cultural activity.
The position is an ex-officio member of the RDA board and reports to the chairperson of the RDA board. The span of management scope includes approximately 1-2 employees and numerous volunteers.
Additionally, this role serves as the chief spokesperson for the RDA. The President & CEO is responsible for the professional management of the RDA and its administration in accordance with policies, mission and requirements of the board and shares responsibility with the board for its development, fiscal health, events, and cultural experiences.
The President & CEO will promote the mission, philosophy, and objectives of the RDA; manage all aspects of the organizational staffing and structure; and recruit, hire, develop and retain staff to effectively meet financial and operational objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Actively lead the efforts to identify, develop and cultivate funding through private contributions, grants, sponsorships, and events revenue on an annual basis.
- Establish and administer organizational procedures and practices to assure effective record-keeping, financial controls, and overall management.
- Serve as a liaison and continue to cultivate relationships between the Tourist Development Council, Visitor & Convention Bureau, City of Fort Myers, Greater Fort Myers Chamber, and Visit Florida.
- Provide leadership working with the Strategic and Long Range Planning Committee to develop and execute appropriate strategic plans.
- Offer direction, leadership and support all key aspects of the RDA, public relations, financial and special events.
Education and Experience:
- College degree in marketing, event management, tourism, or related area.
- Management and compliance experience with a non-profit organization.
- 5+ years of senior experience leading and managing an organization.
- Special events, marketing, and/or fundraising experience highly desirable.
- Proven multi-function leadership experience.
- Proven success with public relations, marketing, social media and event coordination.
- Relationship experience with city, municipal or county governmental organizations.
Abilities and Skills:
- Communication skills oral and written; excellent public speaker.
- Meet physical demand requirements walking, standing, uneven surfaces, outdoors; exposure to adverse weather conditions heat/humidity/rain.
- Proven ability to work with city, county and state governments and elected official.
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience and education. Estimated $70,000 – $85,000.
- Benefits package available TBD