Position OverviewThe purpose of this position is to ensure the delivery of high-quality beautification, maintenance, litter abatement and ambassador services in Downtown Tampa. This position also supports the execution of special projects related to public programming. The operations manager achieves high quality service through development and implementation of efficient operational systems and quality assurance mechanisms, and through effective leadership in managing staff and financial resources. The position also supervises facilitation of landscaping and public space maintenance services. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Public Programming & Operations.
• Manages, all on-street services provided by the Special Services District, supplemental maintenance, litter removal, beautification and special program support.
• Oversees Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team’s and all employee relations, to include annual performance reviews, uniforms, equipment purchases/maintenance, hiring, interviewing, training, etc.
• Determines priorities, identifies and assigns project teams, develops assessment and evaluation tools, establishes procedures and oversees planning and implementation. Ensures meaningful goal setting, measurable outcomes and accountability, and ensures deliverables.
• Negotiates and administers contracts with outside vendors for maximum service and cost effectiveness.
• Oversees development and implementation of data collection and evaluation tools and performance measurements to ensure effective delivery of services to all constituents. Assisting in convening property managers, public safety stakeholders (local law enforcement, security providers, emergency preparedness agencies, and business owners) and other stakeholders to provide effective communication channels and problem-solving opportunities.
• Creates and enhances partnerships as liaison with senior management levels with City of Tampa staff, to ensure maximum attention to maintenance in the SSD area.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including demonstrated ability to articulate the organization’s philosophy and position to a wide range of audiences. Demonstrated ability to work with, and foster partnerships in both the public and private sectors.
• Demonstrated fiscal and business management skills, to develop, manage and track budgets and contracts, handle multiple priorities and execute projects to timely completion.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate employees; high degree of excellent judgement skills, and problem-solving ability required. Hands-on leadership and pro-active approach are essential.
• Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, Board members, business and community leaders, and stakeholders.
• Thorough and excellent attention to detail.
• Works well under pressure.
• Ability to work early morning, some evening or weekend hours.
• Ability to lift heavy objects.
• Able to work outdoors, rain or shine.
• Ability to walk long distances
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Familiar with operations of Business Improvement Districts (BID).
• Familiarity and connections to current industry trends related to urban development.
Required Education and Experience
• Minimum of five years management experience in service industry, construction management, municipal government, business improvement districts, or convention and hospitality services; preferably in a special services district, urban partnership or closely-related environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of Downtown Tampa and acquainted with significant stakeholders.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Exempt status. Salary commensurate with experience
• Fully paid Health and Dental Benefits, and Life Insurance
• Matching 401K
• Commuter Parking Allowance