This is a highly responsible position assisting the CRA Director in the implementation of projects and programs contained in the various community redevelopment plans. This position will be involved to varying degrees in many facets of the organization including economic development, project management, planning, budgeting, and public relations. Work involves extensive contact with the development and business community, citizen groups, government officials, public and private agencies, advisory boards and city staff. Work is reviewed through conferences, reports submitted and results obtained.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform professional work in neighborhood and economic development.
- Perform variety of program or project planning activities that impact municipal development and include analyzing data and formulating and recommending plans and program relevant to municipal conditions and needs.
- Assist the Director in a wide array of functions, including long and short-range planning and budgetary responsibilities as they pertain to the department.
- Confer with the Director in the selection and implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Represent the CRA at various meetings and functions; make presentations to boards, committees, and the public.
- Provide management and oversight to assigned projects as well as supervision and coordination of projects assigned to other staff.
- Meet with development professionals, city staff, and the public regarding (re) development activities acting as an ombudsman for the CRA and City.
- Initiate and develop new programs and projects to further the CRA’s objectives for the revitalization of blighted areas and the provision of affordable housing
- Assist in the preparation, coordination, and evaluation of requests for proposals (RFPs) for projects in the redevelopment area.
- Assist in capital project planning and the preparation of the annual budget, including the evaluation of funding requests by other agencies and organizations.
- Ensure that programs, projects and plans are carried out in accordance with City ordinances, applicable federal and state laws, and approved redevelopment and development plans.
- Collect and compile information relative to such planning assignments as land use, community/economic development, growth management, urban design, transportation, housing, parking.