Planner II – City of Fort Walton Beach
Pay Grade: 111
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for assisting in all phases of planning operations and grant administration. The employee is under the general supervision of the Development Services Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in development of elements of the City Comprehensive Plan (i.e., transportation, land use, housing, infrastructure, capital improvements, conservation and natural resources).
- Prepares studies, reports, and other material for the various, boards/committees, and citizen groups.
- Assists in the preparation of transportation and economic development and redevelopment policies and strategies.
- Responds to public inquiries both orally and in writing concerning planning activities.
- Acts as a liaison between community groups and government agencies in developing and implementing community redevelopment projects.
- Assists in the review and approval of proposed developments.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive tracking system for all current and proposed grants and projects to ensure access, regulatory compliance and review. Prepares and completes reporting requirements for grants.
- Speaks with citizens and local/prospective businesses regarding community redevelopment opportunities and regulations.
- Performs a variety of research work relating to community redevelopment.
- Assists in the maintenance and updates of various plans such as but not limited to the Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code and the Community Redevelopment Area Plan.
- Assists with the development and management of the Annual Community Redevelopment Area budget; including coordinating small and large-scale purchases and contracts and monitoring the operation and performance of projects and programs.
- Coordinates grant and incentive programs.
- Attends public meetings of various boards, commissions, and committees; creates and presents reports on assigned projects and activities.
- Coordinates project and program activities with government regulatory or other government agencies.
- Coordinates with other government and non-profit agencies regarding regional and local redevelopment planning efforts.
- Assist citizens City-wide with all temporary business/special event inquiries; including the review and processing of all associated applications.
- Coordinates the scheduling of downtown overhead banner installation; includes coordination with citizens and other government agencies for review and processing.
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences to keep informed of trends and developments in the field of community redevelopment planning.
- Conducts field evaluations, surveys, and technical research to prepare studies and statistical reports and recommendations for redevelopment projects and programs.
- Assists with the implementation of the Community Rating System (CRS) program.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Economic Development, or a related field from an accredited four year college or university; and two (2) years’ experience in a related field or position. Possession of a valid, State of Florida driver’s license.
Please visit www.fwb.org/jobs for more information and to apply!