The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to solicit design proposals and bids from qualified street furniture firms, suppliers and/or manufacturers to supply and deliver no less than 30 new decorative trash and recycling receptacles to the Lake Worth Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) located in Lake Worth Florida. The CRA has received local grant funds to purchase no less than 20 new decorative trash only receptacles and 10 new recycling only receptacles that will be installed by City of Lake Worth Public Works Staff throughout residential neighborhoods. Additional funding for the procurement of these receptacles may come from CRA tax incremental funding (TIF).
The selected firm will enter into an exclusive agreement with the CRA to provide these materials with options to extend the contract. The CRA may wish to extend this agreement for the purchase of additional materials at a future date.
The firm, supplier or manufacturer selected to provide new trash and recycling receptacles will be responsible for all aspects of below scope, including but not limited to:
- Client wishes to purchase a minimum of 20 new trash only commercial exterior grade decorative receptacles.
- Client wishes to purchase an additional minimum 10 new recycling only (for cans & bottles) commercial exterior grade decorative receptacles.
- Both styles of receptacles (trash only & recycle only) must be between 25 – 36 gallons in capacity.
- Both styles of receptacles (trash only & recycle only) should not exceed 45” in height.
- Both styles of receptacles (trash only & recycle only) should be round in style.
- Both styles of receptacles (trash only & recycle only) should be able to handle extreme climate conditions.
- Each style of receptacle should indicate either “TRASH” or “RECYCLE” on the product. This could be through either laser-cut or decorative decals.
- Each style (RECYCLE or TRASH) of can should be easy to decipher (by color or by lettering on the product) and still remain aesthetically pleasing.
- Both styles of receptacles (trash only & recycle only) should have high quality grade lids.
- All products must be rust-proof and contain rust-proof hardware including anchor kits and lids.
- The Client has established that brushed stainless steel is the preferred choice. Proposers should include at least one example of brushed stainless steel exterior receptacles with pricing.
- The Client prefers clean, simple and modern styles of trash and recycling receptacles.
- Proposals should be stylish but remain standard. Customized products are not necessary.
- Both styles of receptacles (trash only & recycle only) should contain graffiti resistant material if possible.
- Proposals should include black high grade plastic liners for each style of can.
- Proposals with product warranty’s (damage, rust and/or breakage) of five years or greater will be given preference.
- Proposals should include pricing for each style of can, including plastic liners, design, delivery (freight) and rate options for buying in bulk.